TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. We may decline orders if they do not suit our signature buttercream style, beliefs, meet our creative flair or meet our skill set. Though will recommend fellow cake makers when required.
2. We have the right to decline and/or cancel orders based on a Client’s manner.
3. Inspiration photos will be used as a guide only. Please advise in detail if you have a specific design or colours in mind.
4. Cakes by Sophie can not recreate a cake, though only use images sent as inspiration to the final design. Creative flair will be applied to every order to create a signature Cakes by Sophie design.
5. It is your responsibility to provide all details you’d like in your order. If minimal design and decoration detail is given in the order process, your order will be created based on images provided including colour/texture/decoration and Cakes by Sophie’s creative flair.
6. All cakes are made to order with the utmost care and attention. We will use creative judgement and/or make adjustments where we feel necessary in order to maintain the quality and workmanship of our designs, though also preserve the intention of your envisioned design to the best of our ability.
7. If your order has been made following all details given and applied creative flair, no compensation/refund will be given if you have changed your mind or it doesn’t meet your vision. On occasion, changes will be made to make sure colour schemes are balanced and orders are pleasing to the eye.
8. Please be advised that we will colour match to the best of our ability, though can not promise a 100% match.
9. Please be advised that flowers are subject to availability. If your requested flowers are not available, then we will endeavour to match them as close as possible to those requested. On occasion, colour and type of flower will be changed to suit your cake’s style with no notification. Fresh flowers may wilt dependant on weather and time left in your cake, we hold no responsibility for the quality of your floral once the order has left our premises.
10. On occasion, we may change the flavour with little or no notification before pickup/delivery. This is a rare occurrence and would depend on stability, length of transport, weather and other major factors combined. This decision is not made lightly and is only required to prevent inevitable damage to your cake inclusive of cracking/bulging/collapse.
11. Your initial deposit reserves your event date and is non-refundable. Deposit must be paid within 7 days of receiving your invoice or you risk losing your requested date.
12. We must receive the balance by the due date indicated on your invoice or your order will be cancelled, and the deposit will not be refunded.
13. If a cancellation is needed, it will need to occur 21 days prior to the event date or full amount is due. The initial deposit will not be refunded.
14. If you’d like to add or change anything to your order, these changes must occur 14 days prior to your event. We will endeavour to make these changes for you, though on occasion they may be declined.
15. Our pick up time is 9 am-11 am upon appointment only on the date of your event. Please give us a 15-minute window that you will arrive. Late fees apply. On occasion, a different appointment time can be made outside of this window.
16. We are not responsible for any damage to the cake once it has left ‘Cakes by Sophie’ premises. If you have requested delivery, we are not responsible for any damage once the cake has left our vehicle and reached your venue.
17. If delivery has been requested and we deem your venue unsafe to person or cake(s), we will return to our premises and you are responsible to pick up your order. The delivery fee will not be refunded.
18. You are responsible for providing an appropriate & secure table and environment for the cake(s). Cakes are heavy and require a sturdy table and optimal room temperature of 23 degrees Celsius or below. We are not responsible if your cake stand does not support your order.
19. If you or your representative are to pick up and set up the cake, you assume all liability and responsibility for the condition of the cake once it leaves Cakes by Sophie’s possession.
20. If you are unhappy with the texture or quality of your cake; contact Cakes of Sophie immediately. Photographs need to be provided as well as returning a fair quantity of the product for testing before any action may be taken. We do not accept returns if you do not like the taste, there must be a viable reason as to why the cake could not be served to guests.
21. Cakes by Sophie is not responsible for the condition of products during/following an outdoor event for any amount of time, or an event where there is no air-conditioning. These conditions may affect the quality of the product causing collapse, melting and changes in taste.
22. On occasion, we will photograph our cakes and we reserve the right to use any photographs for display or promotion without compensation to you.
23. Our products may contain or encounter milk, wheat, nuts, soy, and other allergens. You agree to notify your guests of this risk and hold us harmless for allergic reactions.
24. Performance of this agreement is contingent upon the ability of Cakes by Sophie to complete the agreement and is subject to labour disputes or strikes, accidents, natural disasters, and other causes beyond our control.
25. Payment of your deposit is considered your acceptance of these terms and conditions.